Raw Salted Macadamia Caramel Dip
This deliciously sticky, finger-licking dip has been shared with us by Gabrielle from Kitch'n Thyme! It's yummy as a dip for fruit, but is also perfect on pancakes! Maca powder is said to have health benefits that include extra energy and hormonal balancing. It does have quite a strong taste, so keep that in mind if you choose to use it in this dip. Gabrielle has created this recipe using organic ingredients where possible.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This tasted nice, very sweet. Miss 8 liked it a lot!" - Naomi
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Total Preparation Time 2 minutes
Makes 2 x 300ml jars
Cannot be frozen
- macadamia nuts - 150g, raw
- dates - 2-3, medjool
- coconut oil - 60g
- maple syrup - 40g
- vanilla - 1 tsp, essence
- sea salt - 1/8 tsp
- maca powder - 1 tsp, optional
- apple - or other fruit pieces, in slices, to serve
- Place the macadamias (150g) into the mixer bowl and mill Speed 9 / 6 seconds.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and process for Speed 4 / 10 seconds.
- Scrape down the sides again and process a further Speed 6 / 30-40 seconds or until a nice nut butter consistency forms.
- Add medjool dates (2-3), coconut oil (60g), maple syrup (40g), vanilla essence (1 tsp), sea salt (1/8 tsp) and maca powder (1 tsp). Process Speed 6-7 / 40 seconds, or until desired consistency has been reached. If you hear that the blades are not in contact with the mixture simply stop, scrape down sides and continue.
- For a firmer texture, you can place it into the fridge for approx. 30 minutes or until set firm.
- Serve with freshly chopped fruit such as apples, pears, strawberries, bananas etc.
Note: You can easily turn this into a chocolate version by adding 2 Tbsp of raw cacao powder in with all the other ingredients. Yum!