Raw Pumpkin Salad
If you haven't had raw pumpkin before, don't write off this tasty salad before you try it! It has been shared with us by Monica Falconer from Mixing with Monica. There really is so much goodness in this one! Vegetables, fruits and yummy seasonings make this salad a must!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Never had raw pumpkin before, and it's really nice! Raw pumpkin with sweet apples and the hint of mustard this makes a delicious twist to 'not salad again!'" -Gail
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- pumpkin - 300g, raw, peeled and roughly chopped
- carrot - 1, large, peeled and roughly chopped
- onion - 1/2 small, or 1/4 large, peeled
- apple - 1, green, unpeeled, quartered and cored
- lemon - 15g, juice only
- mustard - 15g-30g, wholegrain, or to taste
- honey - 20g
- olive oil - 25g
- salt - pinch
- pepper - pinch
- fresh chives - chopped (or green part of spring onions), optional
- Add the pumpkin (300g), carrot (1), onion (1/2 or 1/4), green apple (1), red apple (1), lemon juice (15g), mustard (15g-30g), honey (20g), oil (25g), salt (pinch) and pepper (pinch) to the bowl. Chop Closed Lid / Turbo / 2 x 1 second blasts . Scrape down sides.
- Check consistency. Repeat Closed Lid / Turbo / 1 second blast until desired consistency has been reached. You can process any large pieces separately if you prefer. and blast one more time if desired. If there are any large chunks you can process these separately if you wish.
- Serve, garnished with chives.