Raw Mixed Berry Vegan Cheesecake
Who says being vegan means not having deliciously creamy cheesecake? This beautiful, raw raspberry and blueberry cheesecake is completely decadent. It consists of a crunchy almond and date protein base, and is topped off with creamy cashew and coconut “cheese”. Frozen raspberry and blueberry puree finishes off this cake in style. Part healthy dessert, part completely wicked... but very very yummy!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Wow, taking raw desserts made in the thermo mixer to the next level! This is fun on a plate - beautiful, fresh and delicious." - Megs
No: Dairy / Egg / Gluten
Preparation Time 30 Minutes
Setting Time 4 Hours
Can be frozen
- almonds - 100g, raw
- dates - 100g, Medjool, pitted
- cashew nuts - 350g
- icing sugar - 50g
- coconut cream - 200g, (100%), solid component only, see Note
- coconut oil - 20g
- rice malt syrup - 40g (or agave nectar)
- lemon juice - 1 tsp
- raspberries - 175g, frozen, defrosted
- blueberries - 175g, frozen, defrosted (can adjust so that total berry quantity is 350g)
- raspberry jam - 2 Tbsp
- raspberries - fresh, to decorate
- blueberries - fresh, to decorate
- For the base, place almonds (100g) and dates (100g) into the bowl. Blitz Speed 10 / 8 seconds. Remove from the bowl.
- Place the base mixture into the cake tin and gently press down, using a potato masher or the flat side of the measuring cap to compress. Transfer to freezer.
- For the filling, add the cashew nuts (350g) and icing sugar (50g) to the bowl. Blend Speed 10 / 10 seconds.
- Spoon in the solid coconut cream (200g), coconut oil (20g), rice malt syrup (40g) and lemon juice (1 tsp). Blend until smooth and creamy. Speed 10 / 30 seconds.
- Pour the cashew cream filling over the base. Return to freezer. Clean mixer bowl.
- For the topping, place the defrosted raspberries and blueberries (350g) and the raspberry jam (2 Tbsp) into the bowl. Blend Speed 10 / 5 seconds.
- Carefully spoon the topping mixture over the cake and spread out evenly, using a spatula. Chill in the freezer for 4 hours.
- Thirty minutes before serving, remove cake from tin and arrange on a plate. Scatter over some raspberries and blueberries to finish.
Note: Store the 100% coconut cream upside down overnight in the fridge before using. When you open it, discard the liquid (the milk) and use only the solid component.