Raw Chocolate Tart
Leave your ideas about desserts needing a whole lot of nasties at the door. This delicious raw chocolate tart will tickle your tastebuds using good-for-you ingredients. It has been shared with us by Fiona from Food 4 Thought.
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Nuts
Total Preparation Time 25 minutes + 3 hours chilling.
Makes a 20cm tart
Can be frozen
- dates - 100g, pitted, soaked in hot water for 20 minutes and drained
- desiccated coconut - 100g
- coconut oil - 20g
- cacao nibs - 100g, raw
- coconut oil - 100g
- dates - 200g, pitted, soaked in hot water for 20 minutes and drained (reserve the liquid)
- avocados - 2, ripe (medium – large)
- sweetener of choice - 70g, agave nectar or maple syrup
- cacao powder - 30g, raw
- dates - reserved liquid from soaking, as required
- pistachios - to serve, chopped (*can leave out for nut free version)
- Place drained dates (100g), coconut (100g) and coconut oil (20g) into bowl.
- Process Speed 5 / 5 Seconds. Scrape down sides. Repeat until preferred consistency of base is reached.
- Remove and press into springform cake tin to make base and refrigerate. Clean / dry bowl.
- Place cacao nibs (100g) into bowl. Process Speed 10 / 45 Seconds.
- Add coconut oil (100g) and dates (200g) to the bowl. Blend Speed 6 / 10 seconds.
- Add avocados (2), syrup (70g) and cacao powder (30g) to the bowl. Blend Speed 6 / 30 seconds, using the spatula to assist if required. Scrape down sides.
- Add reserved liquid from soaking dates if filling needs to be smoother. We have used approximately 60g. Blend Speed 6 / 45 seconds.
- Pour this mixture onto the base and refrigerate for a minimum of 3 hours.
- Serve, topped with chopped pistachios