Raw Breakfast Bowl
This clever recipe puts a new spin on an old favourite. Instead of a bowl of cereal and milk for breakfast, you can enjoy this nutrient dense raw breakfast bowl. Instead of milk, you can make your own milk substitute using banana, water, coconut, vanilla and cinnamon. You've got to try it! If you love it, try making a triple batch of the "milk" and store it in the fridge for 3 days' worth of breakfasts for two.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Perfect healthy option for anyone in a hurry!" - Sally-Ann
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- Coconut milk:
- banana - 1, peeled
- water - 250g
- desiccated coconut - 50g
- vanilla pod - 1/2, scraped
- cinnamon - 1 tsp, ground
- banana - 2, small, sliced
- apple - 2, small, diced
- blueberries - 30g, dried
- dates - 2, pitted and chopped
- chia seeds - 1 Tbsp
- coconut - 2 Tbsp, shaved
- Place the banana (1), water (250g), coconut (50g), vanilla (1/2 tsp) and cinnamon (1 tsp) into the bowl. Program 1 minute / Speed 9.
- Place the bananas (2), apples (2), blueberries (30g), dates (2), chia seeds (1 Tbsp) and coconut (2 Tbsp) into a serving bowl.
- Pour milk over the top and serve.