Raw Blueberry and Lemon “Cheesecakes”
This is for the cheesecake lovers that can't have cheese! These "cheesecakes" have a
fantastic taste and texture but are completely dairy free. They are a delicious dessert that
take hardly any time to prepare (and pretty good for you too!
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Total Preparation Time 15 minutes + chilling time
Can be frozen
- cashew nuts - 250g, natural
- water - 500g, boiling
- almonds - 250g, raw
- dates - 10, medjool, pitted
- vanilla - 1 tsp, extract
- coconut - 40g, shredded
- lemon - 1, small, zest only
- maple syrup - 60g
- lemon - 1/2, juice only
- coconut oil - 40g
- vanilla - 1 tsp, essence
- blueberries - 350g, fresh
- Place cashews (250g) and boiling water (500g) into a small bowl to soak whilst
preparing the base.
- Add the almonds (250g), pitted medjool dates (10), vanilla extract (1 tsp), coconut
(40g) and lemon zest (from 1 lemon) to the bowl. Mill Speed 9 / 30 seconds, or until
- Divide the mixture into 6 serving dishes and press down lightly so the base (and sides,
if you wish) are covered.
- Drain the cashews and add them to the bowl, along with the maple syrup (60g), lemon
juice (from 1/2 lemon), coconut oil (40g), vanilla essence (1 tsp) and fresh blueberries
(300g only). Combine Speed 9 / 20 seconds, or until smooth.
- Spoon or pour the mixture over the bases.
- Top with the remaining fresh blueberries (50g) and transfer to the freezer to chill for 15
minutes, or chill overnight in the fridge if time allows.