Raspberry White Chocolate Scones
This scone recipe was developed by one of our lovely readers Suzanna. She was wanting to replicate the delicious Raspberry White Chocolate Scones sold at her bakery. We think she has completely nailed it! These are so incredibly delicious and so impressive to whip up just before visitors arrive. Better yet, these freeze well too so you can whip up a batch, freeze and then add to the lunchbox as needed.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This is taking the basic scone to a whole other level. These scones are so yummy you'll find it hard to stop at one." - Belinda
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Total Preparation Time 40 minutes
Can be frozen
- self raising flour - 450g
- butter - 50g, cubed, unsalted
- sugar - 40g
- milk - 250g
- egg - 1, large
- vanilla bean paste - 1 tsp
- chocolate chips - 75g, white
- raspberries - 75g, frozen
- Preheat oven to 210C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Add flour (450g) and butter (50g) to bowl. Closed Lid / Turbo / 2 x 2 second blasts.
- Add sugar (40g), milk (250g), egg (1) and vanilla (1 tsp) to the bowl. Closed Lid / Kneading Function / 20 seconds.
- Add chocolate chips (75g) and frozen solid raspberries (75g). Closed Lid / Kneading Function / 10-15 seconds.
- Turn the dough out onto a silicone mat. This will be a wet dough.
- Flour your hands and pat dough into a round shape approximately 1.5cm to 2cm high. Flour a scone cutter and cut out rounds as close together as possible. This will make 10.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until cooked through. They may take a bit longer depending on thickness.