Raspberry & Ricotta Cake
This mouth-watering cake has been shared with us by Lucy from Bake Play Smile. There's just nothing better than a good slice of cake at a party, and this Raspberry & Ricotta Cake pretty much kicks butt when it comes to cakes!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Very yummy! Even got the big tick from hubby!" - Liv
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 55 minutes
Can be frozen
- plain flour - 225g (*can use GF)
- baking powder - 2 tsp
- caster sugar - 240g
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- butter - 115g
- ricotta cheese - 400g, room temperature
- vanilla - 2 tsp, extract
- eggs - 3, room temperature
- raspberries - 1.25 cups, fresh or frozen
- icing sugar - to dust
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease springform pan.
- Place flour (225g), baking powder (2 tsp), sugar (240g) and salt (1/2 tsp) into the bowl. Closed Lid / Turbo / 5 x 0.5 second blasts to sift.
- Remove and set aside in a separate bowl.
- Place the butter (115g) into the bowl and melt 2 minutes / 80C / Speed 3 (or until completely melted).
- Add ricotta (400g), vanilla (2 tsp) and eggs (3). Mix Speed 4 / 20 seconds (scraping down the sides of the bowl halfway through).
- Reduce to Speed 1 and slowly add the dry mixture through the MC hole. Mix until just combined.
- Add raspberries (1 cup only) and very gently fold through with a spatula.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and place the remaining raspberries (1/4 cup) on top.
- Cook for 50-60 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- If you find the cake is browning too much, gently place a sheet of foil over the top and return to the oven.
- Leave the cake to cool completely in the pan.
- Remove from pan before serving and dust with icing sugar.
- Can store the cake in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days but be sure to bring it to room temperature before serving.