Raspberry Dream Cheesecake
Who would have thought you could steam a cheesecake!? This dream of a cheesecake has been created by Tenina Holder.
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 1 hour 15 minutes
Can be frozen but best served fresh.
- biscuits of choice - 200g, chocolate cream filled
- butter - 40g
- chocolate - 400g, white, broken into pieces
- cream cheese - 500g
- caster sugar - 50g
- vanilla bean paste - 1 tsp
- eggs - 4
- raspberry jam - 20g, good quality, pushed through sieve to remove seeds
- chocolate - 100g, dark
- cream - 50g
- raspberries - fresh or frozen, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 180C and line the base of the cake tin with baking paper.
- Place biscuits (200g) and butter (40g) into bowl. Mix Speed 6 / 15 seconds.
- Press into prepared tin and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
- Place white chocolate (400g) into clean bowl. Chop Speed 8 / 6 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Program 10 minutes / 50C / Speed 1.
- Add cream cheese (500g), sugar (50g), vanilla bean paste (1 tsp) and eggs (4). Program 1 minute / Speed 6. Scrape down sides.
- Repeat 1 minute / Speed 6.
- Pour cream cheese mixture onto biscuit base in springform tin.
- Place springform tin on top of a pair of chopsticks in the steaming attachment lower dish. The chopsticks will help the steam circulate.
- Rinse bowl and fill with water to 1L mark. Program 60 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Chill until completely set in the centre. It will be slightly wobbly until cold. You may need to check water levels part way through steaming.
- Place jam (20g), dark chocolate (100g) and cream (50g) into bowl. Melt 5 minutes /50C / Speed 1.
- Place raspberries on top of ganache to decorate and serve.