Raspberry Coconut Tart
Shared with us by Bianca from Wholefood Simply, this tart has a gorgeous contrast in colours reminiscent of coconut ice, but without the nasties! It has the strong flavour of the raspberries matched with the sweetness of the dates in the base, with the extra added indulgence of the dark chocolate added to the top!
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 20 minutes
Setting Time 2-3 hours
Can be frozen
- desiccated coconut - 90g
- macadamia nuts - 140g, raw
- dates - 6, medjool, pitted
- vanilla - 1 tsp, extract
- salt - pinch
- Middle layer:
- raspberries - 220g, frozen
- honey - 50g
- coconut oil - 35g
- Top, optional:
- chocolate - 30 grams, dark, optional (*note: please check ingredients if making dairy free)
- Place coconut (90g), macadamias (140g), dates (6), vanilla (1 tsp) and a pinch of salt to bowl. Combine Speed 9 / 30 seconds. Scrape down the sides. Repeat until the nuts and coconut have completely broken down and your mixture resembles a thick paste that sticks together.
- Gently press the mixture into the base of an 18cm springform pan and place it into the freezer to set.
- To prepare the middle layer, place the raspberries (220g), honey (50g) and coconut oil (35g) into bowl. Speed 9 / 30 seconds or until the mixture is smooth, resembling a thick raspberry sorbet. You may need to scrape down the sides and repeat.
- Spoon the mixture evenly over your base. Level the top with the back of a spoon. Place in the freezer to set.
- Leave the tart in the freezer for 2-3 hours.
- After 2-3 hours, add chocolate (30g) to the bowl. Grate Speed 8 / 8 seconds.
- Program 4 minutes / 50C / Speed 2-3, or until chocolate is melted.
- Drizzle chocolate over the tart using a teaspoon.
- Return to the freezer to set.
- To serve, remove the tart from the freezer a few minutes before required, or use a hot knife to cut.
Note: after recipe testing, this was tweaked slightly to include dates and vanilla in the base. If you implement these tweaks your base will not be as white in colour.