- Prep Time: 3h 50 min
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving: Serves 08-10
Raspberry Chocolate Tart
This super delicious raspberry chocolate tart, shared with us by Sophia Handschuh from Thermomix Baking Blogger, is the perfect dessert to serve when you are asked to bring a plate. You can prepare it in advance and leave it in the fridge for up to three days. The pastry is super crisp, and the tart is filled with a mixture of smooth chocolate ganache and fresh raspberries. No one will be able to resist!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “This tart was delicious! Fresh raspberries coated in a thick chocolate ganache on a crispy pastry base. Plan ahead because it takes some time, but the end result is worth it!" - Nicki
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 20 minutes + 3 hours 30 minutes resting or chilling time
Cooking Time 25 minutes
Can be frozen
You will need:
22cm tart dish
ceramic pie weights or dry beans
wire cooling rack
- Raspberry chocolate tart:
- caster sugar - 50g
- plain flour - 150g
- egg yolk - 3
- salt - pinch
- butter - 75g
- vanilla - 1/2 tsp, extract
- chocolate - 300g, dark, broken up into small pieces
- double cream - 300g
- raspberries - 200g, fresh
- If you need to grind your own caster sugar, add raw sugar (50g) to the bowl and grind Speed 9 / 3 seconds.
- To the caster sugar (50g), add the plain flour (150g), egg yolks (3), salt (pinch), butter (75g) and vanilla extract (1/2 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 6 / 20 seconds.
- Wrap the pastry in clingfilm and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Remove the pastry from the clingfilm and place on a floured surface. Roll it out to fit a 22cm tart dish.
- Line the tart dish with the pastry, prick with a fork and place a sheet of baking paper on top. Fill with ceramic pie weights or dry beans.
- Blind bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the pie weights and baking paper and bake again for another 6-8 minutes at 160C until baked all the way through.
- Remove and leave to cool down on a wire cooling rack.
- Add the dark chocolate pieces (300g) to the bowl. Chop Speed 9 / 7 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the double cream (300g) to the bowl. Program 4 minutes / 37C / Speed 3.
- Place the fresh raspberries (200g) in the bottom of the tart shell and pour the ganache over the raspberries.
- Leave to set for at least 2 hours before serving.