This cheesecake truly is a champion, and has been shared with us by Alyce Alexandra. It is visually impressive, and it is a great option for entertaining as it will feed a lot of people! It can be made a day or so ahead of time and transports easily.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "I took this in for a morning tea at work and got so many favourable comments about it, including 'Best cheesecake ever!' from one lady!" - Lou
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Nuts
Total Preparation Time 4.5 hours
Serves 15-20 depending on serving size
*Note: for a nut-free version you can use the biscuit base of the New York Baked Cheesecake
- almonds - 100g, raw
- raw sugar - 110g
- plain flour - 80g
- butter - 80g, room temperature
- lemon - 1, juice only
- lemon - 8cm piece, rind
- cream cheese - 1kg, roughly chopped
- condensed milk - 600g
- apple juice - 250g
- gelatine - 2.25 Tbsp, powdered
- raspberries - 150g, frozen
- raspberries - 150g, fresh
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place almonds (100g) and sugar (40g only) in bowl. Mill Speed 10 / 20 seconds.
- Add flour (80g) and butter (80g). Mix Speed 8 / 5 seconds.
- Press mixture firmly into the base of a lined 28cm spring form pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden. Allow to cool.
- Wash and dry bowl.
- Meanwhile, place sugar (20g only) and lemon rind (8cm piece) into bowl. Mill Speed 10 / 10 seconds.
- Add cream cheese (500g only) and mix Speed 4 / 30 seconds. Set mixture aside.
- Add remaining cream cheese (500g) and mix Speed 4 / 30 seconds. Set aside in the same bowl.
- Place condensed milk (100g only) and gelatine (1.25 Tbsp only) in a small cup or bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Place remaining condensed milk (500g) in the mixer bowl. Program 4 minutes / 70C / Speed 2.
- Add gelatine mixture to the bowl. Mix Speed 2 / 20 seconds.
- Add cream cheese mixture and lemon juice (from 1 lemon) to the bowl. Program 1 minute / Speed 6.
- Wash and dry bowl.
- Pour filling onto cooled base. Smooth the top using the back of a spatula or large spoon. Ensure mixture is pushed right to the edges. Place in the freezer.
- In a small cup place apple juice (50g only) and remaining gelatine (1 Tbsp) and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Place frozen raspberries (150g) and sugar (50g) in mixer bowl and mill for Speed 9 / 5 seconds. Set aside.
- Without cleaning bowl add remaining apple juice (200g). Program 3 minutes / 70C / Speed 2.
- Add the gelatine mixture to the bowl. Mix Speed 2 / 20 seconds.
- Add the milled raspberries and sugar. Mix Speed 2 / 20 seconds.
- Remove the cheesecake from freezer and pour over raspberry mixture.
- Scatter with remaining raspberries and refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours prior to serving.