Raspberry Champagne with Lemon Sorbet
This delectable flavour combo is sure to keep you going all night long. It has been created by Alyce Alexandra for her book Quick Fix: Every Occasion. It is so fresh with the raspberry and lemon combination, and incredibly easy to make.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This is a very refreshing drink, with the combination of the raspberry liqueur and the lemon sorbet. I shared this with a group of friends and they all loved it as I did. I will definitely be making this again." - Lesley
No: Gluten / Dairy / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Freezing Time 8 hours
Sorbet can be frozen
- raspberry liqueur - 120g, Chambord®
- champagne - 750g, or sparkling white wine
- Lemon sorbet:
- lemon - 1, peel only
- sugar - 120g
- water - 400g
- lemon juice - 180g (from approx. 3-4 lemons)
- salt - pinch
- egg white - 1
- Place lemon peel (from 1 lemon) and sugar (120g) in the bowl. Mill Speed 10 / 30 seconds.
- Add water (400g), lemon juice (180g) and salt (pinch) to the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 20 seconds. Pour into a shallow container, seal and freeze for a minimum of 8 hours.
- When ready to serve, cut frozen mixture into 8 pieces. Add the pieces and egg white (1) to the bowl. Process Speed 8 / 45 seconds, or until mixture resembles sorbet. Assist with your spatula if necessary.
- Pour Chambord (120g total) into 6 champagne flutes, 20g in each. Top with a scoop of lemon sorbet and gently fill with champagne (750g total).