Raspberry Bundt Friands
This cute French treat was shared with us by Helen from Hungry & Fussy. What do you get when you cross a friand, a mini bundt pan and juicy red raspberries? Insanely moist and delicious gluten free raspberry bundt friands, that's what! If you don't have a mini bundt pan, you can use a muffin pan.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Love this recipe, will become a regular feature from my kitchen. No-one knew it was gluten free....shhh!" - Heather
Contains: Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 20 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- icing sugar - 375g
- almond meal - 160g
- butter - 250g, unsalted, plus extra for greasing
- plain flour - 195g, gluten free
- baking powder - 1 tsp
- eggs - 8, white only
- raspberries - 250g, fresh
- Raspberry royal icing:
- raspberries - 50g, fresh
- water - 1 tsp
- egg - 1, white only
- icing sugar - 250g, pure
- Preheat oven to 180C.
If you need to make your own icing sugar, add sugar (375g) to bowl and grind Speed 9 / 20 seconds. Set aside.
- If you need to make your own almond meal, add almonds (160g) to the bowl and grind Speed 8 / 10 seconds. Set aside.
- Place butter (250g) in bowl and program 2 minutes / 50C / Speed 2, or until melted.
- Add icing sugar (375g), almond meal (160g), flour (195g), baking powder (1 tsp) and egg whites (8) to the bowl. Speed 4 until just combined.
- Grease 2 x 6 capacity mini bundt pans. Spoon cake mixture into the pans.
- Place raspberries (250g only) evenly into each bundt cavity so that as you bite into the friands you will get a little burst of raspberry.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden or until a skewer comes out clean. Cool.
Raspberry royal icing:
- Place raspberries (50g only) and water (1 tsp) in bowl. Program 5 minutes / 100C / Speed 3.
- Press raspberry mixture through a sieve to extract raspberry juice. Cool.
- Place egg white (1), icing sugar (250g) and raspberry juice (2 tsp) in bowl and combine Speed 7 / 5 seconds until a loose paste is formed. If icing is too dry, add more raspberry juice.
- Pour over friands immediately before icing sets.
- Garnish with raspberries lightly brushed in egg white and dusted with caster sugar.