Raita is traditionally used as a side dish as a cool accompaniment to curries. This version utilises the cooling characteristics of yoghurt, mint and cucumber, paired with basic traditional flavours from coriander and cumin.
We featured this dip in Episode 122 of the podcast: Amazing Thermomix Dips for Spring.
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 5 minutes
Makes 1 small side dish
Cannot be frozen
- cucumber - 60g, into chunks
- fresh mint - 1 handful
- shallot - 1, white part only, roughly chopped.
- dried coriander - 1/4 teaspoon, ground
- cumin - 1/4 teaspoon, ground
- yoghurt - 120g, plain
- salt - to season
- Add cucumber (60g), fresh mint (handful) and the shallot (1) to the bowl. Speed 7 / 2 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add ground coriander (1/4 tsp), ground cumin (1/4 tsp) and yoghurt (120g) to the bowl.
- Reverse+Speed 3 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add salt to season, and serve in a small dish as an accompaniment to curry.