Rainbow Devilled Eggs
This is a really fun recipe idea for creating with kids. Your mixer makes it SO easy to boil up eggs, and create these fun fillings. Kids will love getting creative with the piping bag! For some flavour variations, why not add some Tabasco® to the red eggs or jalapeño to the green eggs?
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Your kids are going to love making this with you and eating it with their friends. It's fast and wholesome." - Monika
No: Gluten / Dairy / Nuts
Preparation Time 12 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- eggs - 9
- water - 800g, for steaming
- fresh chives - chopped, to garnish
- Green eggs:
- avocado - 1/2, small
- Yellow eggs:
- curry powder - 2 tsp, good quality (make your own with the Curry Powder recipe from The 5 Ingredients Issue)
- mayonnaise - 1 Tbsp (make your own with the Mayonnaise recipe from The 5 Ingredients Issue or the Egg Free Mayonnaise recipe from The Tea Party Issue)
- Red / purple eggs:
- beetroot juice - 1.5 tsp
- Place eggs (9) into internal steaming basket. Cover with water (800g). Program 20 minutes / 100C / Speed 3.
- Remove the basket carefully. Place the eggs into a bowl and cover with cold water.
- Once cool to the touch, peel the shells from the eggs.
- Slice the eggs in half.
- Scoop out the yolks and divide between three small bowls.
- To one bowl add the avocado (1/2). Mash with a fork until smooth.
- To another bowl add the curry powder (2 tsp) and mayonnaise (1 Tbsp). Mix together with a fork until smooth.
Red / purple eggs:
- To the last bowl add the beetroot juice (1.5 tsp). Mash with a fork until smooth.
- Spoon or pipe egg yolk mixture into each white egg case.
- Garnish with chopped chives and serve.