Rack of Lamb with Pea Puree and Maple Roasted Pumpkin
This deliciously Aussie dish has been shared with us by Tenina Holder from Cooking with Tenina. This is a great recipe to enjoy on Australia Day with loved ones.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Everything about this was a winner! I would definitely make this again. It was all so nice and so easy." - Vicki
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 30 minutes preparation + 3-24 hours marinating time
Cooking Time 35 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- rack of lamb - 1/2, per serving
- garlic clove - 1
- fresh rosemary - 3-4 sprigs, leaves only
- lemons - 1-2, zest and juice only
- olive oil
- fresh mint - 1 handful, leaves only, to serve
- Pea puree:
- peas - 150g, frozen
- cream - 40g
- butter - 40g, unsalted
- salt flakes - pinch, pink
- Maple roasted pumpkin:
- pumpkin - 1/2, butternut, peeled and chopped into small pieces
- olive oil
- maple syrup
- salt flakes - pink
- Place each rack of lamb (1/2 rack per serve) into a large roasting dish.
- In a separate bowl, mix the garlic (1 head), rosemary leaves (from 3-4 sprigs), lemon zest (from 1-2 lemons), lemon juice (from 1-2 lemons), olive oil and generous amounts of salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Rub all ingredients into the fat of the lamb, then cover and marinate for at least 3 hours and up to 24 hours.
- Preheat the oven to as hot as it will go without the grill function (220C).
- Heat the roasting dish on a hotplate to a medium high temperature and render the fat from the lamb, browning the racks, turning the ends to brown on all sides. Allow about 8-10 minutes to do this. The garlic should be very fragrant and starting to brown as well.
- Cover the roasting dish and place into the hot oven. Bake for approx. 15 minutes – depending on the size and number of lamb racks, the exact cooking time will vary. We recommend using a meat thermometer to ensure everything is cooked to your liking.
- Add the frozen peas (150g), cream (40g), unsalted butter (40g) and pink salt flakes (pinch) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 100C / Speed 2.
- Puree Speed 7 / 15 seconds. Cool slightly before serving as desired.
Maple roasted pumpkin:
- To prepare the pumpkin (1/2), peel and chop it up, then drizzle with olive oil, maple syrup and pink salt flakes.
- Roast in a hot oven for 20 minutes until tender and caramelised. Keep hot until serving.
- Remove the lamb from the oven, cover with foil and allow to rest 5 minutes or longer.
- Serve with the pea puree and roasted pumpkin.
- Drizzle all with a little of the pan juices and garnish with mint leaves (handful).