This flavoursome quinoa salad has been shared with us by Alyce Alexandra, from her book Quick Fix: Every Occasion. It is a bit different from a lot of quinoa salads as rather than the quinoa being steamed, it is actually cooked in the vegetable stock and isn’t rinsed - the flavour from the stock remains and enhances the salad!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This was an easy addition to a dinner when we had friends stay for dinner at the last minute. Would be a great option for a picnic and we will definitely make it again. Everyone thought it was very tasty." - Annie
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Nuts
Total Preparation Time 20 minutes + cooling time
Cannot be frozen
- fresh parsley - handful, flat leaf
- quinoa - 200g, white, rinsed well
- vegetable stock - 380g, liquid
- pistachios - 50g, shelled (*omit if required)
- cranberries - 50g, dried
- olive oil - 20g
- lemon - 1, juice only
- salt - to taste
- mandarins - 2, peeled, pith removed, segmented and halved
- Add parsley (handful) to the bowl. Chop Speed 6 / 1 second, set aside.
- Add quinoa (200g) and vegetable stock (380g) to the bowl. Program 15 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 1, measuring cap on. Check that quinoa is cooked, add more cooking time in 3 minute increments if necessary.
- Add pistachios (50g), cranberries (50g), oil (20g), lemon juice (from 1 lemon), salt (to taste) and chopped parsley to bowl. Combine Reverse+Speed 3 / 10 seconds.
- Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate until cool.
- To serve, fluff quinoa with a fork and gently fold through mandarin segments.
Transport this salad in a sealed airtight container. Don't forget to pack the salad servers!