- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
Quinoa Fruit Salad with Orange Vanilla Syrup
Something a little different to the usual fruit salad that we often serve for brunch. The sweet orange vanilla syrup and the almost nutty quinoa take this dish to a whole new level! This is a great one to make the night before and allow the flavours to develop overnight.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “The whole family loved this fresh take on a breakfast fruit salad. It was delicious with a dollop of natural yoghurt." - Renee
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes + cooling time
Cooking Time 35 minutes
Cannot be frozen
You will need:
internal steaming basket
- Orange vanilla syrup:
- orange juice - 400g, fresh
- sugar - 100g
- vanilla bean paste - 2 tsp
- Fruit salad:
- water - 1L
- quinoa - 100g, tricoloured, rinsed
- strawberries - 250g, hulled and quartered
- blueberries - 250g
- raspberries - 250g
- nectarines - 3, peeled, stone removed and diced
Orange vanilla syrup:
- Add the orange juice (400g), sugar (100g) and vanilla bean paste (2 tsp) into the bowl. Program 15 minutes / 100C / Speed 2, measuring cap on.
- Set aside and allow to cool.
- Place water (1L) into the bowl. Add the rinsed quinoa (100g) to the internal steaming basket. Set the basket in place. Program 20 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 3, measuring cap on.
- Allow to cool completely before commencing the fruit salad.
- Add the cooked quinoa, quartered strawberries (250g), blueberries (250g), raspberries (250g) and diced nectarines (3) to a large bowl. Mix to combine.
- Add the orange vanilla syrup and mix gently to combine.
- Serve immediately. We recommend making this dish the night before and allowing the flavours to develop overnight.