Quinoa & Brown Rice Porridge
This is porridge with a difference and comes to you from Tenina's great “What’s for Breakfast?” ebook
“More filling than oats, more protein than steak, and more delicious than toast. Work on adding any fresh or frozen fruit of choice, a variety of nuts or seeds, Crio Brü granules straight from the pack, or even a fruit compote.” -
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time Overnight
Cooking Time 28 minutes + 10 minutes resting time
Best served fresh
Ground cinnamon, pure maple syrup or honey, pistachios and chopped dried apricots to serve
Yoghurt to serve (have you tried making your own? Check your Healthy New Year Issue!)
- quinoa - 75g, rinsed
- brown rice - 75g, rinsed
- water - 300g
- vanilla bean paste - 1 tsp
- salt flakes - pinch, pink
- milk of choice - 120g, (nut, soy, rice, dairy)
- Place quinoa (75g) and rice (75g) into enough water to cover and soak over night.
- Place quinoa, rice, water, (300g), vanilla (1 tsp) and salt (pinch) into bowl.
- Program 20 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 1.
- Add milk (120g) and cook a further 8 minutes / 90C / Reverse+Speed 1. (Note: It may bubble up, so stay close.)
- Allow to rest in the bowl for around 10 minutes until liquid has been absorbed.
- Drizzle with pure maple syrup or honey and serve with pistachios and apricots and a dollop of yoghurt or crème fraiche. Add fresh fruit of choice...You will be full all day....not kidding!