Quinoa, Bean & Corn Salad
A deliciously light but filling summer salad by Amy Smith from Cooks In Your Kitchen. It makes a perfect work lunch that you can make ahead of time.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This was a great side dish that all the family was happy with, and it will be made again." - Erika
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 25 minutes
Can be frozen
- vegetable stock - 1.2L, weak (or 3 tsp vegetable stock paste + 1.2L water)
- quinoa - 100g, washed and rinsed really well
- red kidney beans - 400g tin, drained and rinsed
- corn - 400g tin, drained and rinsed
- capsicum - 1, small, red, chopped into small pieces (about 1cm square)
- fresh parsley - handful, flat leaf, chopped
- olive oil - for dressing
- balsamic vinegar - or lemon juice, for dressing
- Place stock (1.2L) into bowl then set the internal steaming basket on the lid.
- Weigh quinoa (100g) into the internal steaming basket then set the basket in place.
- Set the steaming attachment lower dish in place and place drained kidney beans (400g tin) and drained corn (400g tin) inside to warm. Program 20 minutes / 100C / Speed 3.
- Drain quinoa and mix in a bowl with warm beans, corn, fresh capsicum pieces (from 1 capsicum) and chopped parsley (handful).
- Drizzle with olive oil and either a squeeze of lemon or a generous drizzle of balsamic vinegar.