Quick Set Choc Topping
The store bought version of this recipe is not only expensive but full of additives and preservatives. You can make this at home quickly and easilywith only two ingredients! Want to fancy it up a bit? Add a few drops of your favourite food grade oil for a choc topping with a twist! Peppermint and orange are our favourites! - Peta
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This is a quick and easy topping to take plain ice cream to the next level without the preservatives! I used white chocolate and found it smooth and silky." - Nadia
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 2 minutes
Cooking Time 4 minutes
Makes 1 cup worth approximately
Can be frozen
- coconut oil - 80g
- chocolate - 200g, broken into small pieces (*can use very dark dairy free if required)
- Place coconut oil (80g) and chocolate pieces (200g) into bowl.
- Program 4 minutes / 80C / Speed 2.
- Pour into a clean, sealable bottle.
- Pour a thin layer over the ice cream for serving. If it is too thick it will not freeze. Simply pop into the freezer for 30 seconds to harden.
Note: store in a sealed bottle in the fridge. You may need to warm it slightly before using if it has set hard. If you have used dark dairy free chocolate and coconut oil you can keep it in the pantry. This will keep for two weeks.