Quick Satay Noodles
Making your own satay sauce is not only easy but also quick! What is great about our sauce is it develops flavour as it sits, making this a great dish to make the night before and to have for lunch the next day.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "My daughter really enjoyed it and any recipe that gets her eating vegetables is a winner in my book! Quick, easy, cheap and kid friendly." - Christina
Contains: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten / Egg
Total Preparation Time 30 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- carrot - 100g, thinly sliced
- snow peas - 100g, halved
- broccoli - 100g, cut into small florets
- egg noodles - 350g, Singapore style (*can use GF / EF noodles if required)
- water - boiling
- peanuts - 50g, roasted
- fresh coriander - 1 Tbsp
- peanut butter - 60g, smooth
- soy sauce - 1 Tbsp (*ensure GF if required)
- peanut oil - 2 tsp
- lime - 1, juice only
- To garish:
- fresh coriander
- sesame seeds
- Boil water in a jug or kettle. While boiling, prepare vegetables.
- Place carrots (100g), snow peas (100g), broccoli (100g) and noodles (350g) into a large bowl. Cover with boiling water. Allow to stand until noodles are heated through.
- Add peanuts (50g) and coriander (1 Tbsp) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the peanut butter (60g), coconut milk (100g), soy sauce (1 Tbsp), peanut oil (2 tsp) and lime juice (from 1 lime) to the bowl. Mix Speed 6 / 10 seconds.
- Program 6 minutes / 80C / Speed 2.
- Drain noodles and vegetables. Add to a serving bowl.
- Pour sauce over the noodles. Mix to combine.
- Serve topped with peanuts, coriander and sesame seeds.