Quick Chickpea Salad
Love chickpeas and want a new way to enjoy them? This salad is for you. It is not only great on its own, but also when served alongside chicken or fish. Such a deliciously quick way of getting a great boost in your daily nutrients.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This tasty salad is quick and easy. It's a great salad to make, as I usually have all these ingredients on hand. The end product looked great with the mixture of colours." - Lesley
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- tomato - 1, deseeded and finely diced
- cucumber - 1, Lebanese, deseeded and finely diced
- chickpeas - 2 x 400g tin, rinsed well
- onion - 1/2, red, peeled and halved
- fresh parsley - 1/2, bunch
- capsicum - 1, red, seeds removed and roughly chopped
- lemon - 1/2, zest only
- olive oil - 30g
- lemon - 1, juice only
- dried mixed herbs - 1 tsp
- salt flakes - 1
- pepper - 1 tsp, black, cracked
- Place the tomato (1), cucumber (1) and drained chickpeas (from 2 x 400g tins) into a large bowl.
- Add red onion (1/2), parsley (1/2 bunch), capsicum (1) and lemon zest (from 1/2 lemon) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Stir through the tomato, cucumber and chickpeas.
- Add olive oil (30g), lemon juice (from 1 lemon), mixed herbs (1 tsp), salt (1 tsp) and pepper (1 tsp) to your mixer bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 5 seconds.
- Pour over chickpea mix. Mix to combine. You can serve immediately or store in the fridge.