Quick Chicken Curry
This quick curry has been contributed by Sam from The Annoyed Thyroid. She says that she graduated from the Lazy Girl School of Cooking so she took the spices straight out of jars. Of course, you can easily make your own garam masala and curry powder. This curry doesn’t disappoint. It’s quick, it’s easy, it’s yummy, it’s healthy.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This curry is the perfect meal on a cold winter's day. It's easy, full of flavour and so much nicer then any take away curry" - Summah
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 30 minutes
Can be frozen
- curry powder - 2 tsp
- chilli powder - 1/2 tsp, mild
- garam masala - 1 tsp
- onion - 1, red, halved
- garlic cloves - 3
- ginger - 1 piece, (thumb sized) peeled
- olive oil - 20g
- tinned tomatoes - 400g, chopped
- tomato paste - 20g
- potatoes - 2, small, peeled and diced evenly (1cm)
- chicken thigh - 500g, diced in 2cm cubes
- fresh coriander - a few leaves to garnish
- Place curry powder (2 tsp), chilli powder (1/2 tsp), garam masala (1 tsp), garlic (3 cloves), ginger (thumb sized piece), onion (1) and olive oil (20g) into the bowl.
- Chop Speed 6 / 6 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Program 5 minutes / 115C* / Speed 1.
- Add tomatoes (400g), tomato paste (20g) and potatoes (2) to the bowl. Program 15 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 1. Check that potatoes are cooked.
- Add chicken (500g) to the bowl. Program 7 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Stirring Speed.
- Transfer to serving dish and allow to rest for about 10 minutes.
*If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine.