Quick Baked Beans
Let's give the old tinned baked beans the boot. This easy homemade version is so much yummier! It's the perfect size for an afternoon snack for the kids, but the recipe can easily be doubled. Just remember the general rule of increasing the cooking time by 10% when you double a recipe.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Filling and soulful. The kind of comfort food I wish hipster cafés would serve." - Matt
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 15 minutes + 10 minutes standing time
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Can be frozen
- onion - 1, peeled and quartered
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- chilli - 1, roughly chopped (can deseeded if preferred)
- olive oil - 20g
- tomatoes - 450g, Roma, roughly diced
- salt - 1 tsp
- honey - 20g, or maple syrup
- cannellini beans - 400g tin, rinsed and drained
- Add onion (1), garlic clove (1) and chilli (1) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add oil (20g) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 110C* / Speed 1.
- Place tomatoes (450g), salt (1 tsp) and honey (20g) to bowl. Program 15 minutes / 100C / Speed 2, measuring cap on.