Quick and Easy Pasta Sauce
Tinned tomato is a staple in most households, and you can often pick up a great special offer at the supermarket. This page and the next will help you make great use of those tomatoes. This quick and easy pasta sauce is sugar free and tastes great! It has been shared with us by Tracey Rubery from The Easy Healthy Way and is a great way to use up tinned tomatoes to create something that we regularly spend money on, pasta sauce!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Delicious... the whole family loved it! AND versatile! A great base for a quick spaghetti Bolognese or lasagne, could be used as a pizza base sauce or just have with pasta on its own. Plus can be frozen! Make up a couple of batches and have it in the freezer for a quick meal." - Claire
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Can be frozen
- onion - 1, peeled and quartered
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- olive oil - 20g
- tinned tomatoes - 800g
- tomato paste - 40g
- apple cider vinegar - 10g
- dried Italian herbs - 1 Tbsp
- sea salt - to taste
- pepper - black cracked, to taste
- Add the onion (1) and garlic cloves (2) to the bowl. Chop Speed 5 / 4 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the oil (20g) to the bowl. Program 2 minutes / 100C / Speed 1.
- Add the tomatoes (800g), tomato paste (40g), vinegar (10g), Italian herbs (1 Tbsp), salt and pepper to the bowl. Program 10 minutes / 100C / Speed 1.
- You can serve as is or to make a smooth soup simply blend by gradually increasing the speed to Speed 8 / 30 seconds.