Quick and Easy Chocolate Slab Cake
Whip this cake up, slice and then freeze for easy snacks or lunchbox fillers. It is super versatile, so feel free to add your favourite flavours to the mix. We love adding a handful of chopped nuts, white chocolate pieces or a mashed banana or two to this cake.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “A simple chocolate cake that you could use for a quick afternoon tea. I threw some cherries in to make it even more decadent and delicious." - Tracey
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 18-20 minutes
Makes 20 slices
Can be frozen
- butter - 150g, softened
- sugar - 100g
- egg - 2, large
- milk - 200g
- self raising flour - 150g
- cocoa powder - 50g
- vanilla bean paste - 1 tsp
- chocolate chips - 100g
- Optional extras:
- nuts of choice - chopped (*omit for NF)
- chocolate - white, broken up into small pieces
- banana - 1-2, mashed
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a slice tin with baking paper.
- Add the softened butter (150g), sugar (100g), eggs (2), milk (200g), self raising flour (150g), cocoa powder (50g) and vanilla bean paste (1 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 15 seconds, or until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin.
- Scatter chocolate chips (100g) over the top of the batter.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until cooked through.
- Allow to cool slightly before turning out onto a wire cooling rack.