Puttanesca Meatballs on Zoodles
These meatballs are packed full of flavour and smell delicious. Serve on zoodles for a healthy and fresh option or try our homemade pasta - there's a gluten free option too! What is a zoodle? A zucchini noodle, of course! A super healthy option for getting your 'pasta' fix, with a serve of veggies!
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Sauce and meatballs can be frozen
- beef mince - 500g
- dried onion flakes - 1 Tbsp
- garlic powder - 1 tsp, dried
- fresh parsley - 1 Tbsp, chopped
- onion - 1, peeled and roughly chopped
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- oil - 15g
- tomatoes - 800g, fresh, small diced
- water - 3 Tbsp
- sun dried tomatoes - 100g, diced
- olives - 10, small, pitted
- fresh parsley - 1 Tbsp
- fresh basil - 1 Tbsp
- fresh oregano - 1 Tbsp
- salt - to taste
- pepper - to taste
- zucchinis - 2
- Place mince (500g), onion flakes (1 Tbsp), garlic powder (1 tsp) and parsley (1 Tbsp) into bowl. Speed 7 / 5 seconds or until combined. Transfer mixture to a mixing bowl with your spatula.
- Shape into 20 meatballs and place into the steaming attachment upper tray.
- Place onion (1) and garlic cloves (2) into bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add oil (15g). Program 5 minutes / 100C / Speed 2.
- Add tomatoes (800g), water (3 Tbsp), sun dried tomatoes (100g), olives (10), parsley (1 Tbsp), basil (1 Tbsp), oregano (1 Tbsp) and salt and pepper to taste to bowl.
- Set steaming attachment into place. Program 13 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Using a zoodle maker, cut your zucchini into long strips similar to spaghetti. Alternatively, use a knife and julienne the zucchinis.
- Place the zoodles into the steaming attachment lower dish. Program 5 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Once done, place meatballs into sauce. Serve over zoodles.