Pumpkin, Spinach and Feta Lunchbox Muffins
We love savoury muffins, and these do not disappoint! You really can't go past pumpkin, spinach and feta together. We love these as is but especially sliced in half and topped with cheese, thinly shaved ham and relish. They make for a great afternoon tea snack too!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Such an easy and tasty savoury muffin. Both kids and adults will enjoy these for afternoon tea." - Tamara
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 20 minutes
Cooking Time 25-30 minutes
Makes 12 large + 12 mini muffins
Can be frozen
- pumpkin - 200g, peeled and roughly chopped
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- onion - 1/2, peeled and halved
- self raising flour - 270g (*can use GF)
- milk - 220g
- butter - 90g, melted
- eggs - 2
- feta cheese - 120g
- pepper - 1/2 tsp
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- spinach - 30g, leaves, shredded
- To serve:
- ham - thinly shaved
- relish - tomato*
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line two muffin tins with paper cases.
- Add the chopped pumpkin (200g), peeled garlic clove (1) and halved onion (1/2) to the bowl. Chop Speed 8 / 4 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Repeat Speed 8 / 6 seconds. Scrape down sides. Continue if you want your pieces to be smaller.
- Add the self raising flour (270g), milk (220g), melted butter (90g), eggs (2), feta (120g), pepper (1/2 tsp) and salt (1/2 tsp) to bowl. Mix on Speed 4 until just combined.
- Add shredded spinach (30g) to the bowl. Mix with a spatula until combined. Do not overwork the mixture or it will lead to tough muffins.
- Divide the mixture into each muffin case. Fill each hole 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes or until cooked through. The mini muffins will not need as long.
- Allow to cool before wrapping and placing in the lunchbox.
Make your own!
* Make your own tomato relish with the Tomato Relish recipe from The BBQ Issue, the Canned Tomato Relish recipe from The Make Your Own Bonus Issue or the Spicy Tomato Relish recipe from The Gift Giving Issue.