Pumpkin, Pine Nut and Feta Risotto
We love easy, sub-30 minute meal, and this is certainly a great one. We have combined some of our most favourite ingredients – pumpkin, pine nuts and feta – and created this velvety, delectable risotto. This goes so well with grilled lamb and steamed broccolini. A complete meal to impress the whole family during the colder months.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A really easy recipe that's quick to prepare and then you let the thermo mixer do the rest. Love the subtle pumpkin taste and the creaminess from the feta. You could easily add some chicken during the cooking time or put some grilled chicken on top afterwards for a more filling meal." - Nadia
No: Gluten / Egg
Contains: Dairy / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 25 minutes
Can be frozen
- onion - 2, small, peeled and quartered
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- pumpkin - 150g, peeled and cubed
- olive oil - 20g
- arborio rice - 350g
- chicken stock - 70g, paste, or vegetable (*we use homemade stock paste with half the salt)
- water - 930g
- feta cheese - 120g, cubed, plus extra to serve
- pine nuts - 50g, toasted
- Add onions (2), garlic cloves (2) and pumpkin (150g) to bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 4 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add oil (20g) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 110C* / Reverse+Speed 2.
- Add the whisk attachment.
- Add rice (350g) to bowl. Program 2 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Stirring Speed.
- Add the stock paste (70g) and water (930g) to the bowl. Program 17 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 1, measuring cap on. You can continue on with the next step while waiting.
- If you need to toast the pine nuts, you can do it on a dry frying pan now while you are waiting for the rice to cook.
- Add feta cheese (120g) and pine nuts (50g) to the bowl. Mix Reverse+Speed 2 / 6 seconds to combine. Continue combining with a spatula if required.
- Check for seasoning. Add more salt and pepper if required.
- Pour risotto into an insulated server and allow to sit for at least 5 minutes to thicken.
- Spoon risotto into bowls and top with additional crumbled feta. *If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming. Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine.