We couldn't have a section of American recipes without including Pumpkin Pie! This is Peta's partner's absolute favourite dessert from childhood in the USA. The recipe comes from his mother.
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 30 minutes
Cooking Time 1 hour minutes
Can be frozen
- plain flour - 140g, wholemeal
- oil - 50g
- water - 50g
- sugar - 1 Tbsp
- plain flour - 140g
- pumpkin - 750g, peeled and cubed
- water - 600ml, warm
- eggs - 2
- sugar - 90g
- salt - ½ tsp
- cinnamon - 1 tsp
- ginger - ½ tsp, ground
- cloves - ¼ tsp, ground
- evaporated milk - 375ml tin
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Place pumpkin (750g) into lower dish of internal steaming basket.
- Pour 600ml warm water into bowl and set steaming attachment into place.
- Program 20 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 3. Check that pumpkin is cooked through and continue cooking if necessary.
- Remove pumpkin and place into a large bowl and mash. Set aside.
- Place oil (50g), water (65g), sugar (1 Tbsp) and flour (140g) into bowl.
- Set Closed Lid / 1 minute / Kneading Function.
- Roll pastry between 2 sheets of baking paper.
- Grease a pie dish with butter or oil.
- Place pastry into pie dish, trimming the edges slightly. Place into the fridge to cool.
- Add eggs (2) to clean bowl. Beat on Speed 4 / 20 seconds.
- Add sugar (90g), salt (1/2 tsp), cinnamon (1 tsp), ground ginger (½ tsp), ground cloves (¼ tsp) and evaporated milk (375ml) to bowl.
- Mix on Speed 4 / 20 seconds.
- Add pumpkin (750g). Mix on Speed 4 / 20 seconds.
- Pour gently into pie dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 200 degrees then reduce heat to 150 degrees and bake for approximately 45 minutes or until set.
- Allow to cool.