Pumpkin, Green Bean and Chickpea Curry
We all know pumpkin is such a versatile, inexpensive vegetable, so over the next three pages we are going to give you some different ideas on how to use it and save some money. Vegetable curries are a great option for a budget friendly dinner and even better, they reheat so well the next day with even more flavour!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A lightly flavoured curry that the whole family enjoyed. It would also be easy to adjust to the number of people you are feeding. Just add more veggies or less chickpeas. This will also help with the value of the meal." - Nicki
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 32 minutes
Can be frozen
- Curry sauce:
- onion - 1, peeled
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- chilli - 1/2, red, or more to taste
- ginger - 1 tsp, crushed
- garam masala - 1 tsp
- oil - 20g
- fish sauce - 1 tsp (*ensure GF if required)
- coconut milk - 400g, full fat
- tomatoes - 400g, diced
- salt - pinch or more to taste
- To serve:
- pumpkin - 500g, butternut, peeled and cubed
- green beans - 100g, trimmed and halved
- chickpeas - 2 x 400g tins, drained and rinsed
- rice - steamed, for each serve
- Place the pumpkin (500g) into the steaming attachment lower dish. Set aside.
- Add the onion (1), garlic clove (1), chilli (1/2), ginger (1 tsp) and garam masala (1 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the oil (20g) to the bowl. Program 6 minutes / 100C / Speed 2.
- Add the fish sauce (1 tsp), coconut milk (400g), tomatoes (400g) and salt (pinch) to the bowl. Set the steaming attachment in place. Program 18 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Carefully add the beans (100g) and chickpeas (2 x 400g tins) to the steaming attachment. Program 8 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Pour veggies into a bowl and pour curry sauce over the top. Gently mix to combine.
- Serve over rice.