Pumpkin Choc Chip Biscuits
I didn’t end up doing the cooking I had planned for Halloween this year so instead I was going to whip up some soup with the pumpkin staring at me every time I opened the fridge. But then thought I’d try experimenting instead, and these Pumpkin Choc Chip Biscuits were born. Sounds gross?? They taste AMAZING and hardly any hint of pumpkin taste at all. My kiddies can't get enough of them. Oh, and these are egg free so those with allergies can love them too! You can add choc chips through the dough, however I tend to just put a few on top of the biscuit to keep the sugar content down. They have a slight gingerbread taste to them. You can certainly leave out the spices if your kiddies are not fond of the flavour.
Reader Feedback: "OMGeeeee – these are so delicious! I didn’t quite make as many as you have put in the instructions but wow – so fluffy, so full of flavour. I didn’t have cinnamon so I substituted Nutmeg instead! Yummmm…." - Fiona
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 15 minutes
Makes 50 biscuits
- butter - 200g
- sugar - 100g
- brown sugar - 50g
- pumpkin - 200g, cooked, mashed
- vanilla bean paste - 1 tsp (or similar)
- self raising flour - 400g
- baking powder - 1/2 tsp
- cinnamon - 1 tsp, ground
- mixed spice - 1 tsp
- ginger - 1/2 tsp, ground
- chocolate chips - 100g
- Preheat oven to 180C and line baking trays with baking paper.
- Place butter (200g) into bowl. Melt 3 minutes / 80 degrees / Speed 2 or until melted.
- Add sugar (100g), brown sugar (50g), pumpkin (200g), and vanilla (1 tsp). Mix Speed 5 /10 seconds.
- Add flour (400g), baking powder (1/2 tsp), cinnamon (1 tsp), mixed spice (1 tsp) and ginger (1/2 tsp). Mix Speed 5 until well combined.
- The dough is a wet sticky dough but as you pick it up and roll it in your hands into balls it firms up. Roll 50 small balls and place onto trays.
- Place a few choc chips on top of each ball and press down slightly to flatten biscuit.
- Bake for approximately 12-15 minutes until they change just ever so slightly to a golden colour. You will see this on the edges.
- Allow to cool before storing in an airtight container.