Pumpkin and Pea Fritters
Fritters are a go to for many families as a quick and inexpensive meal. These fritters are great for dinner teamed up with salad, but they're also great the next day for the lunchbox. They even make for a great vegetarian burger patty! Frozen peas are a great item to have in the freezer as they are great to bulk out a lot of meals (and taste delicious!)
Recipe Tester Feedback: "These fritters are family friendly, make heaps and only use a few key staples. Fantastic for breakfast, lunch or a side dish – so versatile, and a great way to change up cooked pumpkin!" - Kylie
No: Dairy / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 6-8 minutes per fritter
Can be frozen
- onion - 1, small, peeled and quartered
- pumpkin - 500g, raw, peeled and deseeded
- eggs - 2
- plain flour - 160g (*can use GF)
- fresh chives - 1 Tbsp, or herb of choice,chopped
- salt - to taste
- pepper - to taste
- peas - 55g, frozen or fresh peas
- oil - 2 Tbsp
- Place onion (1) and pumpkin (500g) into the bowl. Mix Speed 6 / 4 seconds. Scrape down sides. If you have any large chunks remaining, repeat the step.
- Add eggs (2), plain flour (160g), chives (1 Tbsp), salt and pepper to the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 5 seconds.
- Add peas (55g) to the bowl. Mix with a spatula to mix through.
- Put oil (2 Tbsp) into a large frying pan over medium heat on the stove.
- Place a heaped tablespoon of mixture into the pan. Flatten slightly. Repeat until you have 3-4 in the pan.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes before flipping over and cooking for another 3-4 minutes. These are a softer mix so flip gently.
- Repeat for the remaining mixture.
- Serve warm.
Note: These are delicious served with mashed avocado if your budget allows.