This delicious pulled beef certainly goes the distance! Ask your butcher for a nice cheap cut of beef for slow cooking, and let the delicious spice mix and marinade do the rest! Yummy to put on sandwiches, or to serve wrapped in a burrito.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Tasted amazing! We served in wraps with cabbage, sour cream and jalapeños – the whole family enjoyed the tender beef!" - Ellen
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 4 hours
Can be frozen
- beef blade - 2kg, chuck or brisket
- onion powder - 1 Tbsp
- garlic powder - 1 Tbsp
- paprika - 1 Tbsp
- chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
- salt flakes - 2 tsp
- onion - 1, brown, peeled and quartered
- garlic cloves - 6, peeled
- chilli - 1, long red, deseeded
- mustard - 20g, Dijon
- balsamic vinegar - 75g
- tomato paste - 110g
- sugar - 20g, or xylitol
- water - 500g
- vegetable stock - 40g, paste
- tapioca starch - 10g (or plain flour)
- Add the onion powder (1 Tbsp), garlic powder (1 Tbsp), paprika (1 Tbsp), chilli powder (1/2 tsp) and salt (2 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 7 / 10 seconds.
- Rub the mixture over the beef (2kg) and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Without cleaning the bowl, start making the marinade.
- Add the onion (1), garlic cloves (6) and chilli (1) to the bowl. Chop Speed 5 / 2 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add Dijon mustard (20g), vinegar (75g), tomato paste (110g) and sugar (20g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 4 seconds.
- Add water (500g) and stock paste (40g) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 100C / Speed 2.
- Pour marinade into slow cooker and carefully place beef into the marinade.
- Cook for 4 hours on high or 6 hours on low.
- Once cooked, divide the beef into thirds and place one third into the bowl. Process Speed 4 / 4 seconds. Do not discard the liquid!
- Set the beef aside into a bowl. Repeat the process for the remaining beef.
- Take half of the liquid from the slow cooker and place it into the mixer bowl. Add tapioca (10g) to the bowl. Program 3 minutes / 100C / Speed 2.
- Mix half the sauce through the beef and leave half for serving.