Prosciutto Wrapped Meatloaf and Veggies
Rid your mind of 'boring old meatloaf' - this meatloaf is one to remember! The outer layer of prosciutto really enhances the flavour of the meatloaf and keeps the moisture in. This dish could be served with either a tomato, BBQ or garlic sauce and accompanied with vegetables, mash, chips or salad.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Meatloaf is a regular favourite in our house and this recipe was no exception. The addition of vegetables and wrapping the meatloaf in prosciutto really made this a very succulent meal." - Sharree
No: Dairy / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Total Preparation Time 1 hour 15 minutes
Can be frozen
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- onion - 1, peeled and roughly chopped
- carrot - 90g, roughly chopped
- zucchini - 90g, roughly chopped
- mushrooms - 50g, peeled
- beef mince - 500g
- egg - 1
- breadcrumbs - 100g (*can use GF)
- fresh parsley - 20g
- tomato paste - 30g
- beef stock - 1 cube
- Worcestershire sauce - 2 Tbsp
- salt - to taste
- pepper - to taste
- prosciutto - 8 long slices
- water - 600g, hot
- Add garlic clove (1), onion (1), carrots (90g), zucchini (90g) and mushrooms (50g) to bowl. Mix Speed 8 / 4 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add beef mince (500g), egg (1), breadcrumbs (100g), parsley (20g), tomato paste (30g), beef stock cube (1) and Worcestershire sauce (2 Tbsp) to bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste Speed 6 until mixed.
- Place prosciutto slices (8) onto a sheet of baking paper, overlapping slightly.
- Remove mince from the bowl and shape into a log shape and place in the middle of the prosciutto.
- Wrap the prosciutto up the sides. Turn the meatloaf over and place into the steaming attachment lower dish with seams facing down.
- Add water (600g) to bowl and attach the steaming attachment.
- Cook for 50 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 180C.
- Remove the meatloaf from the steaming attachment carefully. Place onto a baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes to allow the prosciutto to crisp up.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving with steamed vegetables of your choice.