Prosciutto Wrapped Cheese Ball
Can you think of anything more decadent than this cooked bacon-wrapped cheese? We just know that this recipe, shared with us by Tenina Holder from Cooking with Tenina, will amaze you with how easy it is to make! It can be done well in advance, so you can be ready for guests anytime and simply whack one of these into the oven at a moment's notice. Serve with plenty of crusty bread and crackers of choice... and you may also want to make double. You've been warned!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Definitely going to make this again. It’s now on the 'what to take to a party' list!" - Esther
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes + 24 hours chilling time
Cooking Time 10-15 minutes
Cannot be frozen
You will need:
foil or baking paper
cast iron pan
- cheddar cheese - 100g, matured, cubed
- cheese - 100g, red Leicester, cubed
- umami paste - 50g, *ensure GF / NF if required
- fresh rosemary - 2 sprigs
- white wine - 50g
- prosciutto - 6-8 slices, shaved, or serrano ham for a less salty option
- Serving suggestions:
- bread - or toast (*ensure GF if required)
- crackers - *ensure GF if required
- Add the cubed cheddar cheese (100g), cubed Leicester cheese (100g), umami paste (50g), fresh rosemary leaves (from 1 sprig only) and white wine (50g) to the bowl. Program 1 minute / Speed 7. Stop and scrape down sides as needed.
- Lay the shaved prosciutto (6-8 slices) into a star pattern on a piece of aluminium foil or baking paper.
- Dollop the cheese mixture into the centre of the prosciutto and push it together to form a ball, using a spatula.
- Wrap each piece of the prosciutto up and over the cheese, wrapping it completely. Garnish with the remaining sprig of rosemary (1).
- Refrigerate to allow the flavours to develop for at least 24 hours.
- Preheat a cast iron pan in a hot oven preheated to 220C.
- Place the cheese ball into the pan and back into the oven.
- Bake for around 10-15 minutes or until the prosciutto is fragrant and the cheese is starting to melt.
- Serve immediately with bread, toast or crackers of choice.
Make your own!
* Make your own umami paste with this free recipe from Cooking with Tenina.
* Make your own crackers with these recipes:
- The Tea Party Issue - Olive Oil Crackers or Rosemary Crackers
- The Lunchbox Issue - Seeded Crackers (GF)
- The Picnic Issue - Lavosh Yeast Free Crackers, Fig and Olive Crackers or Cheesy Flax Crackers (GF)
- The Party Issue - ‘Free From Lots’ Crackers (GF)
- The Easy Issue - Moroccan Seed Crackers (GF)
- The On the Road Issue - Grain Free Crackers (GF)
- The Packed Lunch Issue - Cheesy Crackers or Seeded Polenta Crackers (GF)
- The Snacks Issue - Parmesan Sesame Crackers (GF) or Carrot and Seed Crackers (GF) or Grain Free Cumin Chickpea Crackers (GF)
- The Herb Garden Bonus Issue - Crunchy Thyme Crackers
- The Readers Issue - 4 Ingredient Cheese Crackers
- The Summer Issue - Lemon Pepper Almond Crackers