Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus with Maple Balsamic Vinegar
I am a big fan of prosciutto and asparagus so putting them together was a match made in heaven. They take no time at all and the taste is out of this world. They make such a nice side to steamed chicken and white meat dishes. - Peta
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 15 minutes
Serves 4-6 as a side
Cannot be frozen
- water - 500g, hot
- asparagus - 18 stalks, woody stems removed
- prosciutto - 9 slices
- balsamic vinegar - 1 Tbsp, maple or balsamic vinegar of choice
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place hot water (500g) into bowl.
- Rinse asparagus (18). Wrap two asparagus stalks in one slice of prosciutto (9 slices total).
- Place into steaming attachment lower dish. Leave space between them. Program 12 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Place onto an ovenproof dish and bake for 5 minutes just to crisp the prosciutto.
- Serve with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar over the top.