Prawn Pad Thai For Two
We love a yummy homemade pad Thai... especially with the addition of yummy fresh prawns! This recipe can be made in much less time than it would take to order Thai and wait for a pick up or delivery. That, combined with the delicious taste, makes it a winner in our book!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “This was a quick and easy meal that was full of flavour." - Kirsty
No: Gluten / Dairy
Contains: Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 10 minutes
Can be frozen
You will need:
large frying pan
- fresh coriander - handful of leaves, roughly chopped, plus extra to garnish
- rice noodles - 100g, thick, dried
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- chilli - 1, large, red, (or other chilli of choice)
- spring onion - 1, white part only
- fish sauce - 25g, (*ensure GF if required)
- tamarind puree - 15g
- peanut oil - 30g
- egg - 1
- prawns - 12, green, deveined and tails on
- capsicum - 1, red, thinly sliced
- bean sprouts - handful, mung, washed
- peanuts - handful, roasted, unsalted, or cashews, roughly chopped, optional
- lime - 1, juice only, optional
- nuts of choice - extra, to garnish
- Add fresh chopped coriander leaves (handful) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 1 second. Set aside in a small bowl.
- Boil a kettle of water. Pour the kettle over the dried thick rice noodles (100g) in an insulated server. Set a timer for 10 minutes. Drain the noodles after this time.
- Add the peeled garlic clove (1), chilli (1) and the white part of a spring onion (1) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 1 second. Scrape down sides.
- Add fish sauce (25g), tamarind puree (15g) and peanut oil (10g only) to the bowl. Mix Speed 6 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Program 2 minutes / 90C / Speed 3.
- Add egg (1) to the bowl. Combine Speed 3 / 5 seconds.
- Heat the remaining peanut oil (20g) in a large frying pan on the stove.
- Add the deveined prawns (12), thinly sliced capsicum (1) and half of the sauce mixture to the heated frying pan on the stove. Cook the prawns through.
- Add the drained noodles (you may wish to rinse them before adding if they are sticking together), chopped coriander, washed bean sprouts (handful), remaining sauce mixture and chopped peanuts (handful, if using) to the frying pan. Mix thoroughly.
- Squeeze lime juice (from 1 lime, if using) over the top and garnish with some fresh coriander leaves and extra nuts. Season with salt if preferred.