Prawn Dumplings with Chop Chop Salad
This recipe is so fun! Get the kiddies involved in the making of these for a fun family dinner. Another great recipe from Steph Sofield of Thermomixin' Kitchen Vixen.
No: Dairy / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Egg
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 30 minutes
Dumplings can be frozen. Please see notes below.
- ginger - 10g
- garlic cloves - 2
- Chinese cabbage - 250g
- prawns - 300g, flesh
- egg - 1
- soy sauce - 1 tsp
- gow gee wrappers - 50
- water - 500g
- garlic cloves - 2
- fresh coriander - 1 bunch
- capsicum - 100g, red, chopped into 4 pieces
- mushrooms - 150g
- snow peas - 70g
- bean sprouts
- corn - 1 cob, kernels
- soy sauce - 70g, light
- oil - 100g, neutral flavoured
- lime juice - 2 Tbsp
- sesame seeds - 2 Tbsp
- Chop ginger (10g) and garlic cloves (2) on Speed 6 / 3 seconds. Scrape sides of bowl.
- Add Chinese cabbage (250g) to the bowl and chop Speed 7 / 5 seconds.
- Cook 6 minutes / 100C / Speed 1, measuring cap off. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Add prawn flesh (300g) to the bowl and chop on Speed 5 / 3 seconds.
- Add egg (1), soy sauce (1 tsp) and the cabbage mix. Combine Speed 3 / 5 seconds.
- Put a teaspoon size dollop on each wrapper, wet half of the edge with water and press together, trying to remove air pockets.
- Place dumplings into the steaming attachment. Slightly squeeze them in the middle and press onto the steaming attachment tray surface and they will stand up. We managed to fit 38 between both bottom dish and top tray.
- Place water (500g) into bowl. Set steaming attachment into place and program 20 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Prep the ingredients for the salad, so it is all ready to go when the dumplings are cooked. When the dumplings are cooked, empty the water from the bowl and make the salad. This salad is best made right before serving.
Chop chop salad:
- Add garlic cloves (2) and coriander stems and roots (from 1 bunch) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds.
- Add capsicum pieces (100g) to the bowl. Chop Speed 4 / 1 second.
- Add mushrooms (150g) to the bowl. Chop Speed 4 / 1 second.
- Add snow peas (35g only), sesame seeds (1 Tbsp only), corn kernels (from 1 cob), coriander leaves (from 1 bunch), soy sauce (70g), oil (100g) and lime juice (2 Tbsp) to the bowl. Combine Speed 4 / 1 second.
- Serve on top of a handful of bean sprouts and the remaining snow peas (35g) and sprinkle with remaining sesame seeds (1 Tbsp).
- Pour over extra dressing as this is can be used to dip your dumplings in.
Note: Put the remaining dumplings in the freezer. Freeze on a tray, separated. Then transfer them to a container or a bag for when you need them. You can cook them from frozen, just dip each dumpling in water to moisten the wrapper before cooking. Cook for an additional 3 minutes.