Prawn and Crunchy Noodle Salad
You really can't go past a crunchy noodle salad! This one is delicious and fresh, thanks to the addition of prawns. You can make this salad in advance – simply add the noodles just before serving to maintain that delicious crunchy texture. We like using shredded veggies in this salad for a more authentic end result.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “This salad was amazing. It's deceptively filling and quite large. It's definitely enough to be a meal on its own." - Kirsty
No: Dairy / Egg / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 20 minutes
Cooking Time 5-7 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- prawns - 500g, green, peeled, deveined and tails intact
- cabbage - 1/2, wombok, finely shredded
- carrot - 100g, shredded
- beetroot - 100g, shredded
- spring onion - 2, finely sliced
- fresh coriander - 1/2 bunch, shredded
- Chang’s crunchy noodles - 100g packaged (*can use GF)
- lime - 2 strips, peel
- lime juice - 40g, fresh
- sesame oil - 15g
- soy sauce - 20g
- sambal olek - 25g
- palm sugar - 1 tsp, brown or caster sugar
- Add the lime peel (2 strips), lime juice (40g), sesame oil (15g), soy sauce (20g), sambal oelek (25g) and sugar (1 tsp) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Repeat Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Place half of the dressing into a bowl with the peeled and deveined prawns (500g) and allow to marinate whilst preparing the salad.
- Add the shredded wombok cabbage (1/2), shredded carrot (100g), shredded beetroot (100g), sliced spring onions (2), shredded coriander (1/2 bunch) and the remaining dressing into a large serving bowl. Mix to combine.
- Place a large frying pan over high heat on the stove. Cook the prawns for a few minutes on each side, until cooked through to your liking.
- Add the cooked prawns to the salad and mix to combine.
- Sprinkle the fried noodles (100g) on top just before serving.