This quick no hassle pound cake has been shared with us by Sophia from Themomix Baking Blogger. It is such a simple afternoon cake to bake. It is best served with some tea or coffee and fresh raspberry jam.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Kids loved it! A lovely cake with sweet lemon icing served a big dollop of cream - perfection!" - Kristi
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 60 minutes
Can be frozen
- butter - 200g, plus extra for greasing
- plain flour - 300g, plus extra for dusting
- eggs - 4
- milk - 20g
- sugar - 200g
- salt - pinch
- baking powder - 1 Tbsp
- vanilla - 1/2 tsp
- Lemon icing:
- lemon - /2, juice only
- icing sugar - 250g
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease a bundt cake tin or a 26cm round cake tin with butter and dust with flour thoroughly.
- Place the butter (200g), flour (300g), eggs (4), milk (20g), sugar (200g), salt (pinch), baking powder (1 Tbsp) and vanilla extract (1/2 tsp) in the mixer bowl.
- Program 1 minute / Speed 3.5.
- Pour batter into the prepared tin and bake for 60 minutes. Test after 50 minutes with a wooden skewer to see whether the mixture is baked.
- Remove from the oven and leave to rest for 10 minutes in the tin. Then remove from the tin and leave to cool completely on a wire cooling rack.
- To make the lemon icing, squeeze lemon juice (from 1/2 lemon) in a small bowl and add the icing sugar (250g). Stir well to combine. If the mixture is really stiff, add a bit more lemon juice, bit by bit, because you don't want it to get too runny. It should have the consistency of thick custard. Pour over the cooled cake and enjoy!