Potato & Leek Soup with Garlic Croutons
This soup is so thick and luscious! It makes the perfect comfort food on a cold and miserable day. Making your own yummy garlic croutons is nice and easy... you will wonder why you haven't done it before!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “This soup is very thick but it works so well. The croutons add a really nice crunch to the soup and the addition of garlic adds a subtle flavour. This was my dinner over several nights.” - Steve
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Dairy
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 25 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- leek - 2, roughly sliced and washed between the layers
- onion - 1, peeled and quartered
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- butter - 20g(*or oil for DF)
- potato - 900g, washed or peeled and cubed
- chicken stock - 1L liquid
- fresh chives - to garnish
- Garlic croutons:
- bread - 4, Turkish, big slices (*or GF bread)
- garlic clove - 1, peeled and halved
- If necessary, weigh potatoes (900g) and set aside so that you can prepare them whilst the vegetables are cooking.
- Place leeks (2), onion (1) and garlic cloves (2) in bowl and chop Speed 7 / 8 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add butter (20g) and heat 5 minutes / 110C* / Speed 1.
- Add potato (900g) and stock (1L) and cook for 25 minutes / 100C / Speed 2. Place internal steaming basket on top to prevent splatters.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 200C.
- Rub bread all over with peeled garlic clove. Place on a baking tray.
- Bake for a couple of minutes until golden.
- Once the soup has cooked cooked, slowly increase speed to Speed 6 / 30 seconds. Please read your machine's user manual for correct method of safely blending soups as each machine varies.
- Serve soup with the crunchy garlic croutons.
* If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine.