Potato and Zucchini Soup
This soup has been contributed by Sam from The Annoyed Thyroid.
"One of the best things about the interwebs are the absolutely fabulous people you can meet there, and Stephanie is one of those people. One day when we were having a soup-er chat on Facebook, she shared this, her favourite soup recipe. I was totally stoked because not only is it full of flavour but because one of my 101 things to do in 1001 days is to try making 10 new soups. May this be the first of many! I like my soups like my people, warm and hearty, and this one doesn’t disappoint. It’s now at the top spot of my Domestic Soup-er League!" - Sam
Recipe Tester Feedback: "The end product had a lovely smooth consistency. The flavour was very subtle and the colour attractive. It's one the whole family can enjoy, my children loved it!" - Emma
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Dairy
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 24 minutes
Can be frozen
- Parmesan cheese - 60g, cubed (*can omit, but you may wish to add more salt at the end)
- onions - 2, halved
- garlic clove - 1
- olive oil - 15g
- potatoes - 500g, roughly chopped
- zucchini - 300g, roughly chopped
- vegetable stock - 50g or 2 tbsp, paste
- mustard - 25g or 1 tbsp, dijon
- cornflour - 20g or 2 tbsp
- water - 800g
- pepper - black
- sour cream - 100g (optional)
- Place Parmesan (60g) into bowl. Chop Speed 9 / 6 seconds. Set aside. Don’t wash the bowl.
- Add onions (2) and garlic (1 clove) into the bowl. Chop Speed 6 / 10 seconds.
- Add oil (15g). Program 3 minutes / 100C / Speed 1.
- Add potatoes (500g) and zucchini (300g). Chop Speed 6 / 5 seconds.
- Add stock (50g), mustard (25g), cornflour (20g) and water (800g). Program 20 minutes / 100C / Speed 1.
- Blend for 30 seconds by slowly going from Speed 1 to Speed 8. Please read your machines user manual for correct method of safely blending soups as each machine varies.
- Add Parmesan (60g), pepper (to taste) and sour cream (100g).
- Again, blend for 30 seconds by slowly going from Speed 1 to Speed 8. Please read your machines user manual for correct method of safely blending soups as each machine varies.
- Serve and enjoy! Serving with shaved Parmesan on the top is a nice addition.