Potato and Onion Frittata
This is another one of those stellar recipes that can be enjoyed warm or cold the next day. We love this teamed up with a simple salad for a very easy picnic lunch. It really doesn't get much easier.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This meal is a hearty one! Pair it with a fresh green salad and enjoy its rich deliciousness. You can't go wrong." - Claire
No: Gluten / Nuts
Contains: Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 1 hour 20 minutes
Can be frozen
- water - 600g, hot
- potato - 500g, peeled and cubed
- onion - 1, peeled and roughly chopped
- garlic cloves - 4 peeled
- butter - 30g
- eggs - 10
- double cream - 50g
- fresh basil - 10, leaves
- fresh parsley - 4, sprigs
- salt - 1 tsp
- pepper - 1 tsp, cracked
- mozzarella cheese - 100g, fresh, broken into pieces
- Parmesan cheese - 80g, grated
- If you need to grate your Parmesan cheese, add cubed Parmesan cheese (80g) to the bowl. Grate Speed 8 / 10 seconds. Set aside in a small bowl.
- Add hot water (600g) to the bowl. Place the cubed potato (500g) into the steaming attachment lower dish and set it into place. Program 25 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease a large round casserole dish.
- Carefully move the potato into the prepared dish.
- Wash and dry the bowl.
- Add the chopped onion (1) and peeled garlic cloves (4) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the butter (30g) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 110C* / Speed 2.
- Scatter this mixture over the potatoes in the dish.
- Add the eggs (10), double cream (50g), basil leaves (10), parsley (4 sprigs), salt (1 tsp) and pepper (1 tsp) to the bowl. Chop Speed 8 / 10 seconds.
- Pour over the potatoes.
- Top with the mozzarella pieces (100g) and grated Parmesan cheese (80g).
- Bake for 45 minutes. Cover with aluminium foil if cheese starts to brown too much.
- Remove and allow to cool slightly before slicing into wedges.
*If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine.