Potato and Bacon Hash
Not to be confused with hash browns, this potato and bacon hash is the perfect side dish for breakfast. Much quicker and easier than hash browns! It also makes for a great side dish to a midweek dinner.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “A different twist on potato that is very yummy. You could add so many extras to it to vary it." - Claire
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Dairy
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Cannot be frozen
You will need:
large frying pan
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- spring onion - 3, roughly chopped
- bacon - 6 slices, shortcut, roughly chopped
- potato - 600g, roughly chopped
- salt flakes - 1-2 tsp
- butter - 25g, (*can use olive oil for DF)
- fresh chives - chopped, to garnish
- Add the peeled garlic cloves (2), chopped spring onions (3) and chopped bacon (6 slices) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Set aside.
- Add the chopped potato (600g) and salt flakes (1-2 tsp) to the bowl. Process Speed 5 / 5 seconds.
- Remove the potato from the bowl, place it into a muslin cloth and squeeze all the excess liquid out.
- Heat a large frying pan over a high heat.
- Add the butter (25g), the onion mixture and the potatoes to the pan. Depending on the size of your pan, you may need to do this in two batches. Set a stopwatch counting upwards.
- Leave for one minute. Stir well. Leave for another minute. Stir well. Leave for another minute. Continue until you reach 12 minutes on the stopwatch.
- Check for seasoning and season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve topped with fresh chopped chives.