Porridge with Ginger Pear Compote
Porridge is such a delicious breakfast in the cooler months. It's warm and comforting - what a great way to start the morning to fill you up! Try with our Ginger Pear Compote for added flavour.
No: Dairy (check milk type) / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 15 minutes
Can be frozen
- oats - 80g, traditional
- milk of choice - 400g
- honey - 2 Tbsp, or sweetener of choice
- Ginger pear compote:
- pears - 2, large, peeled, cored and diced into bite-sized pieces
- water - 2 Tbsp
- ginger - 1 tsp, ground
- nutmeg - pinch
- Add oats (80g), milk (400g) and honey (2 Tbsp) to bowl.
- Program 8 minutes / 90C / Reverse+Speed 2.
- Pour into insulated server to thicken whilst you prepare the ginger pear compote. This thickens quite a bit upon cooling.
Ginger pear compote:
- Add pears (2 large), water (2 Tbsp) and ground ginger (1 tsp) and nutmeg (pinch) to bowl.
- Program 5 minutes / 100C / Speed 2.
- Serve on top of porridge or stir through.