Pork Schnitzel and Red Cabbage Slaw
Schnitzel is a real winner in many households. This is our take on a delicious pork schnitzel teamed up with a tangy yet sweet red cabbage slaw. A complete weeknight meal! Serve with fresh bread rolls for a slight twist.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Wow, such an quick, fuss free and easy recipe! The pork schnitzel had a really light golden crumb and was beautifully moist. The slaw was chopped in next to no time and was fresh, tangy and moreish. So good to have a slaw recipe without a creamy dressing." - Christine
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten / Dairy
Preparation Time 30 minutes
Cooking Time 8 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- pork loin - 6 boneless chops, trimmed (2 per person)
- plain flour - 50g (*can use GF)
- breadcrumbs - 80g, fresh (*can use GF)
- egg - 1
- milk of choice - 40g (*can use DF)
- oil - for shallow frying
- Red cabbage slaw:
- cabbage - 1/2, red, roughly chopped
- carrot - 2, roughly chopped
- onion - 1/2, red, peeled and roughly chopped
- fresh coriander - 2 Tbsp
- pepper - 1/2 tsp
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- apple cider vinegar - 40g
- sugar - 2 Tbsp, optional cut through the acidity of the vinegar
- olive oil - 45g
- If you need to make your own breadcrumbs, add day old bread (80g) to the bowl and process Speed 8 / 5-10 seconds. Set aside. If you wish you can add your choice of seasonings to the breadcrumbs.
- Place a trimmed pork chop (6 total) between two pieces of baking paper and flatten with a meat mallet until 0.5cm thick. Repeat for all pork chops.
- Place the plain flour (50g) into one bowl and breadcrumbs (80g) into a second bowl. Add the egg (1) and milk (40g) into a third bowl and whisk lightly.
- Dip each piece of pork into flour, followed by egg wash and finally the breadcrumbs.
- Place a layer of oil into a large frying pan. Heat to a medium to high heat.
- Add the pork schnitzels to the pan and cook for a few minutes on each side.
Red cabbage slaw:
- Add the chopped red cabbage (1/2), chopped carrots (2), peeled and chopped red onion (1/2), fresh coriander (2 Tbsp), pepper (1/2 tsp), salt (1/2 tsp), apple cider vinegar (40g), sugar (2 Tbsp, if using) and olive oil (45g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Repeat Speed 4 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Serve pork schnitzel with slaw.