Pork & Eggplant Curry
This unique curry has been contributed by Fiona from Food 4 Thought. It is a delicious winter warmer that has a standalone flavour. You’ll want to make it more than once. You'll find it premade in the freezer of The 4 Blades kitchen. We keep it in stock for a healthy backup meal.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "I loved the way you made the paste, and then added the meat without having to take anything out of the bowl. It produced a wonderful full flavoured meal" - Heidi
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 2 hours + standing time
Can be frozen
- garlic cloves - 4
- onion - 100g, red, or shallot
- lemongrass - 50g, fresh or frozen, chopped into 1cm pieces
- lime - zest of 1, peeled with a peeler, reserve lime flesh
- fresh coriander - 20g, or frozen, root (about 8-10)
- kaffir lime leaves - 1, fresh or frozen
- paprika - 1 tsp
- turmeric - 1/2 tsp, ground
- cumin - 1 tsp, seeds or 1/2 tsp, ground
- chilli flakes - 1/2 tsp, dried
- olive oil - 20g
- water - 100g
- pork tenderloin - 400-500g, or shoulder, cut into 3cm pieces
- eggplant - 300g, cut into 2cm pieces
- coconut milk - 200g
- fish sauce - 10g
- coconut sugar - 20g
- Add all ingredients for the paste into the bowl.
- Blend Speed 7 / 30 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Program 5 minutes / 100C / Speed 2.
- Add pork to the bowl (500g). Program 3 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Stirring Speed.
- Add eggplant (300g) and coconut milk (200g). Program 50 minutes / 90C / Reverse+Stirring Speed.
- Add fish sauce (10g) and coconut sugar (20g). Program 10 minutes / 90C / Reverse+Stirring Speed.
- Squeeze over some juice from the reserved lime and serve with cauliflower rice, or side dish of your choice.